Before migrating to Cloud, there are a few things you should check.
- There are some differences between the features available on Server/Data Center and Cloud. We strongly encourage you to review our Feature Comparison and Formula Comparison charts.
- Large structures - There is a 10,000 issues limit for any structure on Cloud. If you currently have structures with more than 10,000 issues, you should optimize those before updating: adjust the generators to include fewer issues, split them into multiple smaller structures, etc.
- Manual adjustments - Manual adjustments are not supported in Cloud. The structures will still migrate, but any hierarchies you've created using manual adjustments will be removed and appear as a flat list of issues (or the way they originally looked before manual adjustments were applied).
After migrating, please be aware of the following:
- Structure permissions (view, edit, automate, and control) and view permissions are handled differently in cloud, so you will need to reconfigure these after the migration. To configure a structure's permissions, locate the structure on the All Structures page, click Configure, and update the permission settings.
- It's normal for your Structure Selector menu to be empty immediately after migrating. This is usually because there are no recently used structures and/or permissions have not been configured for the migrated structures. Jira admins can view the migrated structures and assign permissions on the All Structures page.
Additionally, we highly recommend you review each migrated structure following Step 7 in our Migrating to Cloud guide.