A resync, or full resynchronization, is a one-time process activated manually by the user to sync current state of the structure and Jira.
When running a Resync, you need to choose it's direction.
Resync can be run:
- from Structure - Issues in Jira will be updated based on the structure hierarchy. This is what happens when you export from a structure.
- into Structure - The structure hierarchy is updated (issues will be moved, added or removed), based on the current state of the issues in Jira. This is what happens when you import into a structure.
A synchronizer may support resyncing in only in one direction. For example, the Saved Filter synchronizer, which adds issues from a saved filter result, can only sync into Structure.
To run a resync:
- Open the Manage Structure page using the top navigation Structure
- Click the Settings link in the Sync With column for your structure
- On the synchronization settings page, find the synchronizer you'd like to Resync, and either
- Click Resync
- Click Resync and Enable if the synchronizer is disabled and you'd like to enable it immediately after the Resync finishes
- Select a direction for the Resync. See Resync Direction above.
Click Start Resync.
Resyncing in a wrong direction may lead to data loss! Please make sure you understand how each direction works and confirm running the resync when a confirmation dialog appears.
- The job status page that appears will tell you when the Resync has finished.
If the synchronizer is currently running an incremental synchronization, the resync will wait until it finishes.