Structure 3.3.3 Release Notes
15th of November 2016Structure 3.3.3 is a patch release based on Structure 3.3.
Download the Latest Version
Structure on the Atlassian Marketplace
1. Patch Release
If you are using Structure 2, we encourage you to read Structure 3.0 Release Notes – a lot has been changed in Structure 3!
This is a patch release based on Structure 3.3.
We have addressed a potentially critical problem on JIRA Data Center: a node may be unable to perform re-indexing due to a lock held by Structure. This may happen if a node is added to or removed from a cluster.
Upgrade is recommended for all JIRA Data Center instances. This version supports JIRA 6.4 — 7.2.x.
If your JIRA server does not have Structure yet, the installation is simple:
- Download and install Structure add-on, either from Atlassian Marketplace or from Download page. Pick the correct version based on your JIRA version!
- When Add-on Manager reports about successful installation, click Get Started to visit a page with important guidance for the JIRA administrator. You may also want to check out the user's Get Started page, available under "Structure" top-level menu.
jira-application.logfor log messages from Structure.
- If you're upgrading from version 2.11.2 or earlier, please read Structure 3.0.0 Release Notes.
- If you have Structure 3 beta or release candidate installed, please read Structure 3.0.0 Release Notes.
Upgrade procedure from versions 3.0.x is simple:
- Consider backing up JIRA data. Use Administration | System | Backup System. Starting from version 3.0.0 Structure data can be backed up together with JIRA data. (If you have a large instance and have proper backup strategy in place, you may skip this step.)
Install the new version of the plugin.
jira-application.logfor warnings or errors.
4. Enterprise Deployment Notes
We now include an additional section in Release Notes that aims to address the concerns of deploying the upgrade at a large enterprise. In this section we will suggest how the changes in the new version may affect stability and performance of JIRA and provide ideas for testing the new version on a staging environment.
In terms of stability and performance, this patch does not bring significant changes compared to versions 3.3.1 and 3.3.2. The only change was the fix for the reindex lockout problem, which was localized in the synchronization management code.
Additional testing and verification can be done on a staging environment if it is running Data Center as well. The possible testing scenario is:
- install a synchronizer on a test structure, verify that it is doing its job;
- add a node to the cluster, verify that reindex is possible on each node;
- locate the node that is running synchronization (use logs to see where the messages from synchronizers appear) and shut down that node;
- verify that the synchronizer continues running (it may take 5-10 minutes to switch to a new node) and that reindex is still possible on each node.