Structure 3.4.1 Release Notes
30th of December 2016Structure 3.4.1 is a patch release based on Structure 3.4.
Download the Latest Version
Structure on the Atlassian Marketplace
1. Patch Release
If you are using Structure 2, we encourage you to read Structure 3.0 Release Notes – a lot has been changed in Structure 3!
This is a patch release based on Structure 3.4.
We have addressed a problem with Structure widget being shown on the issue page for issues from the projects for which Structure is not enabled.
Upgrade is recommended for all instances where Structure availability is set on the project basis.
If your JIRA server does not have Structure yet, the installation is simple:
- Download and install Structure add-on, either from Atlassian Marketplace or from Download page. Pick the correct version based on your JIRA version!
- When Add-on Manager reports about successful installation, click Get Started to visit a page with important guidance for the JIRA administrator. You may also want to check out the user's Get Started page, available under "Structure" top-level menu.
jira-application.logfor log messages from Structure.
- If you're upgrading from version 2.11.2 or earlier, please read Structure 3.0.0 Release Notes.
- If you have Structure 3 beta or release candidate installed, please read Structure 3.0.0 Release Notes.
Upgrade procedure from versions 3.0.x is simple:
- Consider backing up JIRA data. Use Administration | System | Backup System. Starting from version 3.0.0 Structure data can be backed up together with JIRA data. (If you have a large instance and have proper backup strategy in place, you may skip this step.)
Install the new version of the plugin.
jira-application.logfor warnings or errors.
4. Enterprise Deployment Notes
We now include an additional section in Release Notes that aims to address the concerns of deploying the upgrade at a large enterprise. In this section we will suggest how the changes in the new version may affect stability and performance of JIRA and provide ideas for testing the new version on a staging environment.
In terms of stability and performance, this patch does not bring significant changes compared to version 3.4.0.