27th of April 2018Structure 4.6.1 fixes a compatibility issue with Jira Service Desk and a couple of compatibility issues with other apps.
1. Patch Release
This is a patch release based on Structure 4.6.
Upgrade is recommended for all customers who use Structure with Jira Service Desk.
We have addressed the following issues:
- Fixed: Jira Service Desk users without access to Structure can't create and edit queues.
- Fixed: Epic Sum Up App time field in a structure view updates unexpectedly.
- Fixed: Xray App execution status is not rendered correctly in Structure column.
You should have Structure license with active maintenance (expiring not earlier than April 27th, 2018) to upgrade.
If your Jira server does not have Structure yet, the installation is simple:
- Download and install Structure add-on, either from Atlassian Marketplace or from Download page. Pick the correct version based on your Jira version!
- When the Add-on Manager reports about successful installation, click Get Started to visit a page with important guidance for the Jira administrator. You may also want to check out the user's Get Started page, available under "Structure" top-level menu.
jira-application.logfor log messages from Structure.
Upgrade procedure from versions 3.x and 4.x is simple:
- Consider backing up Jira data. Use Administration | System | Backup System. Starting from version 3.0.0 Structure data can be backed up together with Jira data. (If you have a large instance and have proper backup strategy in place, you may skip this step.)
Install the new version of the plugin.
jira-application.logfor warnings or errors.
4. Enterprise Deployment Notes
Structure 4.6.1 does not introduce changes that could affect performance or would justify additional testing for Enterprise deployments.