25 of April 2022Structure 8.0.1 is a patch release for 8.0. It fixes an issue with compatibility, views, Effectors, and more.
Try It: Structure Sandbox Server (no installation required)
1. Version Highlights
Structure 8.0.1 is a patch release for Structure 8.0. It provides:
- Fixed: compatibility with Draw.io
- Fixed: shared perspectives opened to a different location when text wrapping was switched on
- Fixed: view name did not appear on the Views menu dropdown in larger windows
- Fixed: Attribute to Field effector failed to choose the correct project for the Fix Version target field
- Adds compatibility with Jira 9 EAP
Upgrade from Structure 8.0 is highly recommended.
2. Supported Versions
Structure 8.0.1 and all its extensions support Jira versions 8.13 or later. This release is for customers using Jira Server or Data Center (Jira Core, Jira Software, or Jira Service Management/Service Desk).
Cloud customers can learn more about our products on the “Cloud” tab of our marketplace listing.
3. Installation and Upgrade
Pick a Time
We strongly recommend that you install and upgrade your apps during off-peak hours or scheduled maintenance windows. There are known issues in the Jira app infrastructure that may cause performance degradation and impede app installation when your Jira instance is under heavy load.
3.1. Installing Structure
If your Jira server does not have Structure yet, the installation is simple:
- Download and install Structure app, either from the Atlassian Marketplace or our Download page.
- When Add-on Manager reports the successful installation, click Get Started to visit a page with important guidance for the Jira administrator. You may want to also check out the user's Get Started page, available under the "Structure" top-level menu.
jira-application.logfor log messages from Structure.
3.2. Upgrading Structure
The upgrade procedure from versions 3.0–8.0 is simple:
- Consider backing up Jira data. Use Administration | System | Backup System. (If you have a large instance and a proper backup strategy in place, you may skip this step.)
- Back up Structure data. Use Administration | Structure | Backup Structure menu item. If you have a lot of structures and a large Jira, consider turning off the "Backup History" option to avoid a long backup process.
Install the new version of the app.
jira-application.logfor warnings or errors.
4. Enterprise Deployment Notes
4.1. Testing on Staging Environment
There are no particular special areas of interest for load testing and stress testing Structure 8.0.1. We advise running the same testing procedures as you've done for previous upgrades.