9th of January 2022Structure 8.2.1 fixes context support in Filter by Field, Jira 9.5 support and more
Try It: Structure Sandbox Server (no installation required)
1. Version Highlights
- Added: compatibility with other Structure apps for Jira Server/Data Center
- Fixed: support multiple contexts in Filter by Field
- Fixed: Jira hotkeys on the Manage Saved Columns page
- Fixed: it was not possible to enter a date in the work logged column in Jira 9.5
- Fixed: always use timezone of column creator in Saved Columns
- Fixed: My Columns cannot be shared with a perspective link
- Minor security fixes
2. Supported Versions
Structure 8.2 and all its extensions support Jira versions 8.13 or later. This is the last version with Jira 8.13 support. This release is for customers using Jira Server or Data Center (Jira Core, Jira Software, or Jira Service Management/Service Desk).
Cloud customers can learn more about our products on the “Cloud” tab of our marketplace listing.
3. Installation and Upgrade
Pick a Time
We strongly recommend that you install and upgrade your apps during off-peak hours or scheduled maintenance windows. There are known issues in the Jira app infrastructure that may cause performance degradation and impede app installation when your Jira instance is under heavy load.
3.1. Installing Structure
If your Jira server does not have Structure yet, the installation is simple:
- Download and install Structure app, either from the Atlassian Marketplace or our Download page.
- When Add-on Manager reports the successful installation, click Get Started to visit a page with important guidance for the Jira administrator. You may want to also check out the user's Get Started page, available under the "Structure" top-level menu.
jira-application.logfor log messages from Structure.
3.2. Upgrading Structure
The upgrade procedure from versions 3.0–8.2 is simple:
- Consider backing up Jira data. Use Administration | System | Backup System. (If you have a large instance and a proper backup strategy in place, you may skip this step.)
- Back up Structure data. Use Administration | Structure | Backup Structure menu item. If you have a lot of structures and a large Jira, consider turning off the "Backup History" option to avoid a long backup process.
Install the new version of the app.
jira-application.logfor warnings or errors.
4. Enterprise Deployment Notes
There are no special tests needed, so we suggest the usual testing procedures you’ve done for previous upgrades.