26th of April 2023Structure 8.3 introduces the Tempo Work Logged column, formula debugging tool, and more
Try It: Structure Sandbox Server (no installation required)
1. Version Highlights
- Tempo Work Logged column and formulas integration
- Formula debugging tool
- Effector conflict resolution
2. Changes in Detail
2.1. Tempo Work Logged Column and Formulas Integration
The new Tempo Work Logged column allows you to roll up the time logged and billed for any project and reliably report on its progress:
Track logged and billable time alongside your project data
Aggregate the time spent across any project hierarchy
Create multiple columns to track specific users, time frames, billable/non-billable time, and more
Tempo Work Logged data can also be used within formulas to do calculations or comparisons based on your work logged values.
2.2. Formula Debugging Tool
Tracking down problems with a formula just got a lot easier - with the new formula debugging tool, you can check the value of any variable in a formula for any row in the structure.
2.3. Effector Conflict Resolution
When running an Effector, if an issue has more than one value for the source attribute, you can now select the value or values you want to write to the Jira field.
Documentation: Running an Effector
2.4. Additional Improvements
3. Supported Versions
Structure 8.3 and all its extensions support Jira versions 8.20 or later. This release is for customers using Jira Server or Data Center (Jira Core, Jira Software, or Jira Service Management/Service Desk).
Cloud customers can learn more about our products on the “Cloud” tab of our marketplace listing.
4. Installation and Upgrade
Pick a Time
We strongly recommend that you install and upgrade your apps during off-peak hours or scheduled maintenance windows. There are known issues in the Jira app infrastructure that may cause performance degradation and impede app installation when your Jira instance is under heavy load.
4.1. Installing Structure
If your Jira server does not have Structure yet, the installation is simple:
- Download and install Structure app, either from the Atlassian Marketplace or our Download page.
- When Add-on Manager reports the successful installation, click Get Started to visit a page with important guidance for the Jira administrator. You may want to also check out the user's Get Started page, available under the "Structure" top-level menu.
jira-application.logfor log messages from Structure.
4.2. Upgrading Structure
The upgrade procedure from versions 3.0–8.2 is simple:
- Consider backing up Jira data. Use Administration | System | Backup System. (If you have a large instance and a proper backup strategy in place, you may skip this step.)
- Back up Structure data. Use Administration | Structure | Backup Structure menu item. If you have a lot of structures and a large Jira, consider turning off the "Backup History" option to avoid a long backup process.
Install the new version of the app.
jira-application.logfor warnings or errors.
5. Enterprise Deployment Notes
There are no special tests needed, so we suggest the usual testing procedures you’ve done for previous upgrades.