24th of August 2023Structure 9.0.1 fixes issues with sharing options, time tracking, and more
Try It: Structure Sandbox Server (no installation required)
1. Version Highlights
- Added: SEN number is now visible to logged in non-admin users on the Info pop-up
Fixed: Time tracking panel is duplicated when logging time in a structure for the first time
- Fixed: Share with option becomes unresponsive if there are too many groups/projects in the create structure wizard
- Fixed: Create item panel: width of name and description fields are not changed when resizing the details panel
2. Supported Versions
Structure 9.0.1 and all its extensions support Jira versions 8.20 or later. This release is for customers using Jira Server or Data Center (Jira Core, Jira Software, or Jira Service Management/Service Desk).
Cloud customers can learn more about our products on the “Cloud” tab of our marketplace listing.
3. Installation and Upgrade
Pick a Time
We strongly recommend that you install and upgrade your apps during off-peak hours or scheduled maintenance windows. There are known issues in the Jira app infrastructure that may cause performance degradation and impede app installation when your Jira instance is under heavy load.
3.1. Installing Structure
If your Jira server does not have Structure yet, the installation is simple:
- Download and install Structure app, either from the Atlassian Marketplace or our Download page.
- When Add-on Manager reports the successful installation, click Get Started to visit a page with important guidance for the Jira administrator. You may want to also check out the user's Get Started page, available under the "Structure" top-level menu.
jira-application.logfor log messages from Structure.
3.2. Upgrading Structure
The upgrade procedure from versions 3.0–9.0 is simple:
- Consider backing up Jira data. Use Administration | System | Backup System. (If you have a large instance and a proper backup strategy in place, you may skip this step.)
- Back up Structure data. Use Administration | Structure | Backup Structure menu item. If you have a lot of structures and a large Jira, consider turning off the "Backup History" option to avoid a long backup process.
Install the new version of the app.
jira-application.logfor warnings or errors.
4. Enterprise Deployment Notes
There are no special tests needed, so we suggest the usual testing procedures you’ve done for previous upgrades.