In this roadmap, we'd like to share some of the features the Structure team is going to work on in the near to mid term. The scope of the roadmap is 1 to 2 years.
A few notes and disclaimers about the roadmap:
- We only list new, important functionality – we are also going to work on other things, such as improving existing features, improving quality, improving user interface, adding minor features.
- This document lists only upcoming features in Structure. We're also working on Structure extensions, such as Structure.Gantt, which have their own roadmaps.
- The roadmap is subject to change. We will update it periodically so it reflects our current vision.
It is our general approach to focus on the quality of the product. Sometimes this means delivering a product later or changing plans and priorities, as unexpected dependencies and challenges appear. Therefore, while we try to adhere to the announced roadmap, by no means should it be considered an obligation, and it should not be relied upon when making purchasing decisions.
Versions and Dates
We generally aim to release a minor version of Structure every 2-3 months and a major version every year. The following is an approximate release schedule for the scope of this roadmap.
- Structure 7.0: Formula language improvements - several improvements to formula language, including:
- additional functions for working with dates
- support for arrays
- statistical functions
- historical data support (Structure 7.4)
- support for fixVersion.releaseDate.min()
- Structure 8.0: UI/UX improvements - ability to see more data in Structure with the Text Wrapping feature
- Structure 8.2: Saved Columns and Filter by field - ability to share formulas inside the organization and create filters in few clicks, without JQL knowledge
- Structure 9.0: More Notes - ability to add multiple Notes columns
- Structure 9.1: Support Assets (Jira Service Management) objects - ability to edit objects from Structure grid, use in formulas and groupers
Here's the list of major features that we're planning to work on next year:
- Planning tasks - artificial tasks to do "sandbox planning" in Structure and then save the data to Jira
- Structure Templates improvements – revamp existing templates and add more
- More integrations with other plugins(Tempo Planer, Zephyr) - ability to use additional plugin fields for sorting, grouping, and formulas
- Scheduled jobs (scheduled export to excel) - ability to schedule Excel exports and have them automatically distributed via email
- Structure Health - ability to check if there are any problems with structures, and highlight active structures