22th of July, 2021Structure 7.1 adds support for comments in formulas and more
Try It: Structure Sandbox Server (no installation required)
1. Version Highlights
Structure 7.1 adds the following capabilities:
- Formulas now support comments from issues and worklog's (including Tempo Timesheets)
- Notes column and Quick transformation data can now be included when copying a structure
- Security patch
2. Changes in Detail
2.1. Additional Updates
- Fixed: Epic SumUp compatibility
- Fixed: Power Custom Fields for Jira compatibility
- Fixed: Advanced Roadmaps 3.29.7 compatibility
- Fixed: generators did not catch changes in some JQL functions (for example, openSprints(), releasedVersions(), etc.)
3. Supported Versions
Structure 7.1 and all extensions support Jira versions 8.5 or later. This release is for customers using Jira Server or Data Center (Jira Core, Jira Software, or Jira Service Management/Service Desk).
Compatible plugins versions:
Cloud customers can learn more about our products on the “Cloud” tab of our marketplace listing.
4. Installation and Upgrade
Pick a Time
We strongly recommend that you install and upgrade your apps during off-peak hours or scheduled maintenance windows. There are known issues in the Jira plugin infrastructure that may cause performance degradation and impede app installation when your Jira instance is under heavy load.
4.1. Installing Structure
If your Jira server does not have Structure yet, the installation is simple:
- Download and install Structure app, either from the Atlassian Marketplace or our Download page.
- When Add-on Manager reports the successful installation, click Get Started to visit a page with important guidance for the Jira administrator. You may want to also check out the user's Get Started page, available under the "Structure" top-level menu.
jira-application.logfor log messages from Structure.
4.2. Upgrading Structure
The upgrade procedure from versions 3.0–7.0 is simple:
- Consider backing up Jira data. Use Administration | System | Backup System. (If you have a large instance and a proper backup strategy in place, you may skip this step.)
- Back up Structure data. Use Administration | Structure | Backup Structure menu item. If you have a lot of structures and a large Jira, consider turning off the "Backup History" option to avoid a long backup process.
Install the new version of the plugin.
jira-application.logfor warnings or errors.
5. Enterprise Deployment Notes
5.1. Testing on Staging Environment
In terms of stability and performance, this release does not bring significant changes compared to version 7.0.
There are no particular special areas of interest for load testing and stress testing Structure 7.1. We advise running the same testing procedures as you've done for previous upgrades.