|Updated On||August 2020|
|Next Update||September 2020|
In this roadmap, we'd like to share some features the Structure.Gantt team is going to work on in the near to mid term. The scope of this roadmap is 6 months to 1 year.
A few notes and disclaimers about the roadmap:
- We only list new, important functionality– we are also going to work on other stuff, such as improving existing features, improving quality, improving user interface and adding minor features.
- This document lists only upcoming features in Structure.Gantt. We're also working on Structure for Jira and other Structure extensions, which have their own roadmaps.
- The roadmap is subject to change. We will update it periodically so it reflects our current vision.
- We only describe features briefly. If you are interested in the details of some specific feature or can provide feedback and ideas, please let us know at email@example.com
It is our general approach at ALM Works to focus on the quality of the product. Sometimes this means delivering a product later or changing plans and priorities, as unexpected dependencies and challenges appear. Therefore, while we try to adhere to the announced roadmap, by no means should it be considered an obligation from ALM Works, and it should not be relied upon when making purchasing decisions.
If you have any questions about our roadmap policy, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Versions and Dates
We generally aim to release a minor version of Structure.Gantt every 1-2 months and a major version every year. The following is an approximate release schedule for the scope of this roadmap.
Here's the list of major features that we're planning to work on in Structure.Gatt 2.x series up until Structure.Gantt 3.0
- Agile Backlog – more convenient way to work with agile tasks that weren't yet assigned to any sprints ( Structure.Gantt 2.5)
- Actual Task Start and Finish – ability to see when work on a task started and when it was finished
- Sandbox Mode – ability to play with "what-if" scenarios, without affecting the data seen by other users
Planned for later:
- Multiple Resources – ability to specify several resources along with their usage
- Artificial Tasks – ability to create tasks not backed by Jira issues
- Resource Management – more flexible way to manage resources and share them between several charts
- Editable Work Calendars – a UI for managing calendars
- Milestone-Driven and Non-Binary Critical Path – a way to calculate critical paths for a specific milestone and calculate a relative risk for a task to become critical
- Split Tasks – supporting a way to break down a task into pieces when dependencies change and the task already has non-zero progress
- Calendars Integration – integration with major providers of work calendars, such as Tempo, Portfolio
- Structure of Structures, Gantt of Gantts – support configurations where a structure contains other structures and its Gantt imports the pre-calculated Gantt charts from those structures