The Stories under Epics Extender pulls in issues belonging to epics already in the structure. The issues will be placed beneath the epics in your hierarchy.
To add issues from Next-Gen projects, use the Next-Gen Hierarchy Extender. Due to technical differences in how items are linked, the Stories under Epics Extender only works for Classic projects.
Adding a Stories under Epics Extender
To add a Stories under Epics Extender, click the Automation button to turn on Automation Editing mode. Then click the + button and select Extend.
Each Stories under Epics Extender can be customized to create exactly the hierarchy you need.
You can customize:
Extend Levels - Allows you to select which levels in the hierarchy the extender should be applied to:
- All levels up to 10 (default) - The extender will be applied to the first 10 levels of the hierarchy, starting from the level where the extender itself is located.
- All levels - The extender will be applied to the current level and all its descendants.
- Current level only - The extender will only be applied to the same level in the hierarchy as the extender itself.
- Manual levels range - You can specify which levels the extender is applied to.
See Generator Scope to learn more about customizing levels.
You can add as many generators as necessary to create the perfect structure for your needs. Here's an example:
- Add epics using the JQL/Text Inserter
- Place issues under epics using the Stories under Epics Extender
- Place sub-tasks under issues using the Sub-task Extender
Closing Automation Editing Mode
To close Automation Editing mode and hide the list of generators, click the Automation button in the toolbar again.