Why JIRA Client?
JIRA Client is an application which provides instant access to issues in an Outlook-like tree view interface and works both when you are online and offline. It also has such features as advanced search editor, displaying issues in a hierarchy, linking issues using drag-and-drop, IDE integration, and more.
Here are just the highlights of JIRA Client's possibilities:
- Interactive desktop interface instead of web access
You don't need to browse through a bunch of web pages to find the desired information and work with the issues.
- Offline availability
Wherever you are offline or have a slow VPN connection, you can still work with your local copy of issues database and synchronize changes when you become online.
- Advanced search capabilities
Search is what JIRA Client mainly about:
- use any combination of search conditions with ANDs, ORs, or NOTs when creating queries,
- create sub-queries to refine your search results,
- run quick text search within the results of any search query,
- use regular expressions when searching within issues table,
- search for such issues' properties as, for example, votes (not searchable in JIRA).
- Capture, edit and attach screenshots to your issues
In addition to just capturing screenshots, you can later edit them: crop, emphasize some area, type comments, blur unnecessary information, and zoom out the details.
- Track the time you spend on performing your tasks
JIRA Client aggregates the information on the time you spend on your issues and you can later analyze your workload in a time sheet and publish it as JIRA work logs.
Why Use This Resource?
We recommend you to get familiar with this section of our Reference when you jump start with JIRA Client for the first time to get the most of your first user experience. This section will guide you through a number of steps from bringing your JIRA issues database to your desktop, creating search queries and interpreting them, and highlights of working with issues:
In this section we have covered just the basics. For more in-depth information, we recommend you to dive into the details and come through Working with JIRA Client section.