ALM Works support may ask you to collect a Support Zip during a support case investigation.
To collect Support Zip, you will need System Administrator permissions in your JIRA. You will also need a way to transfer files from the host that runs JIRA instance.
If you do not have the required access, please ask your JIRA administrator or your system administrator for assistance.
To collect a Support Zip:
- Open Administration | System | Logging and Profiling page.
- Enter STRUCTURE TROUBLESHOOTING into the Optional Message field, turn on Log Rollover and press Mark.
- Scroll down and click Configure logging level for another package, enter package name
com.almworks then select logging level DEBUG and click Add.
- Reproduce the problem being investigated.
- Open Administration | System | Atlassian Support Tools, switch to Support Zip tab. Select options Application Properties, Thread Dump, JIRA Application Logs, Tomcat Logs. Unselect all other options. Click Create.
- Use access to the system that hosts JIRA to get the support zip file. If the file is larger than 100 MB, please create the support zip again but also turn on option Limit File Sizes.
- Send the resulting ZIP file to ALM Works support by email or attach it to the support request in ALM Works JIRA.
- After you've collected the support zip, you can go back to Administration | System | Logging and Profiling page and set the logging level for com.almworks to WARN - it's the default level.