|Updated On||19 March 2019|
|Next Update||April 2019|
In this roadmap, we'd like to share some of the features the Structure team is going to work on in the near to mid term. The scope of the roadmap is 1 to 2 years.
A few notes and disclaimers about the roadmap:
- We only list new, important functionality – we are also going to work on other things, such as improving existing features, improving quality, improving user interface, adding minor features.
- This document lists only upcoming features in Structure. We're also working on Structure extensions, such as Structure.Gantt, which have their own roadmaps.
- The roadmap is subject to change. We will update it periodically so it reflects our current vision.
- We only describe features briefly. If you are interested in the details of some specific feature or can provide feedback and ideas, please let us know at email@example.com.
It is our general approach at ALM Works to focus on the quality of the product. Sometimes this means delivering a product later or changing plans and priorities, as unexpected dependencies and challenges appear. Therefore, while we try to adhere to the announced roadmap, by no means should it be considered an obligation from ALM Works, and it should not be relied upon when making purchasing decisions.
If you have any questions about our roadmap policy, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Versions and Dates
We generally aim to release a minor version of Structure every 1-2 months and a major version every year. The following is an approximate release schedule for the scope of this roadmap.
|Target Month||Mar '19||Apr '19||Jun '19||Aug '19||Oct '19||Dec '19|
Here's the list of major features that we're planning to work on next year:
- Version Name grouper – improvement for teams who use version with the same name in different project and want to see issue in the same group. ( 5.3 Structure)
- Note / Text Item Type – like Folders, these items can be added to a structure but are not JIRA issues. Notes have their title and text, and can be used for quick planning or leaving comments for a collection of issues.
- Time in Status column – new column type will tell you how much time an issue has spent in selected status.
- Ability to update Jira data based on Structure data – this will allow users to write certain Structure data into Jira custom fields, links, etc. For example, push Formula results into Jira fields, or update parent status based on children statuses.
- Structure Templates – need to create similar structures, but for different project or teams? Now you will be able to describe the structure in text format, use it as a template for creating new structures or share it as a file with others.
- Formula UI & language improvements – improvements for formula editor, so it will be easier to type bigger formulas, and additional functions for working with dates and supporting arrays.
- Formula library – ability to create, share and re-use formula easier and even between structures.
- Context Help and Guidance System – for helping users quickly find a solution within the app.
- PI Planning, Program Board feature – SAFe-specific feature for helping users plan the PI and track dependencies on Program Level.