Deskzilla has a built-in tool for making screenshots. There are several ways to add a screenshot:
To add a screenshot:
- You can select one of the options:
- If you want to take a screenshot first, right-click the bug and select Attach Screenshot or select the bug and click the Attach Screenshot button on the Bug Toolbar (press CTRL + S). In the Screenshot Source Selection dialog select Capture Screen. If you have several displays, select the one you wish to use for the screenshot.
- If you already have an image for the screenshot in the Clipboard, right-click the bug and select Attach Screenshot or select the bug and click the Attach Screenshot button
on the Bug Toolbar (press CTRL + S). In the Screenshot Source Selection dialog select Paste from Clipboard.
- If you have an image saved on your disk and you want to add it as a screenshot, drag it to the bug details area or to the bug itself in the Bug Table.
- After any of the actions above the image/screenshot will be open in the Screenshot editor.
- Modify the image using the editing tools:
- Crop. Crops the image to the selected area.
- Emphasize. Adds a colored box to attract attention to particular area.
- Comment. Adds either a colored box with a comment box attached, or just a comment box.
- Blur. Allows to hide sensitive information by blurring the selected area. Blur intensity is adjustable.
- Magnify. Allows to add a box showing the selected area with magnification. Magnification level can be adjusted.
- Select. Allows to select and modify the objects described above after they are added to the image.
- Click the Save As button to save the results as a png or jpg file.
- Click the Attach button to attach the screenshot to the bug.
After the screenshot is added it is displayed in the Bug Details area.
The Attachments Toolbar provides the following functions:
- The View Thumbnails and View Details buttons allow to switch between two viewing modes. The first one shows the screenshots as thumbnails, the second shows the table with screenshots details such as Description, File Name, Date, etc.
- The Download button allows to download the screenshot from Bugzilla if it is not downloaded yet.
- The Save A Copy button allows to save a copy of the screenshot to your disk.