Tabular distribution allows to create a two-dimensional bugs breakdown by two fields and apply it to any existing query.
To access and customize a tabular distribution view:
- Click the Tabular Distribution button on the Application Toolbar.
- The tabular distribution view for the currently selected query is shown below the navigation area. As you select other queries in the navigation area the distribution view contents changes filtering the bugs in the selected query.
- From the drop-down lists select the fields for the distribution.
- The table will show how bugs from the currently selected element in the navigation area are distributed by two selected fields.
Click the number in the table cell to see the bugs this number reflects.
- You can swap the table rows and columns clicking the Swap button located between the fields drop-down lists.
- It's possible to sort table by clicking on columns and row headers. Click the cs button to clear sorting.
- You can add counters to the distribution, which will show how many bugs from the cell meet additional criteria. To do that:
- Click the Configure summary table button on the tabular distribution toolbar.
- In the Counters Configuration dialog the left list displays the existing filters. The All filter is created by default. To add more filters click the Add Counter button .
- The Edit Filter dialog is displayed. Use it to create a filter. See the Query Builder section for details on building filters.
- Once the counters are added they are all displayed in the table cells in the same order as they were arranged in the Counters Configuration dialog.
You cannot save tabular distributions, however, you can open several different distributions at once (both for different queries and with different filters). To do that, click the Open Copy In the Windowbutton on the tabular distribution toolbar. The table will be shown in a separate window where you can modify the distribution filters, while the query for which the distribution is shown will stay unchanged. After that you can select another query for distribution in the navigation area, modify the distribution and open it in another window.
You can also export distribution tables to CSV files to open and work with them later in Excel. To do that, click the Export to CSV buttonon the tabular distribution toolbar.