All latest versions of JIRA Client (starting 1.3 Beta) support silent install. To silently install JIRA Client, simply run: jiraclient-2_3_4.exe -q
We use install4j as the installer and complete reference to installer command line options may be found here: http://resources.ej-technologies.com/install4j/help/doc/helptopics/installers/options.html
Once the client is installed you will need to apply the license. This can be done with a simple .bat file:
- Add the license file to the installation root folder.
- To the same location add the configuration file, which will tell JIRA Client where the license is. The configuration file is a plain-text file called "jiraclient.properties", which should contain the following text:
You can also create your own script for silent installation. JIRA Client installer has only two really important functions: it unpacks and copies files. So you can install JIRA Client once, add the license key and a configuration file to the installation folder (as described above), then make a ZIP archive of the JIRA Client's installation folder, and when you need to deploy it on a PC, simply unpack it from the archive to the desired location. There are a few things to remember when installing this way:
- You won't get program group and shortcuts under "Start" menu.
- The fact that JIRA Client is installed will not be recognized by JIRA Client installer, if it is run on that computer later. (The installer won't suggest the same directory and won't check if JIRA Client is running).
- You need to install from the full JIRA Client distributive, which includes Java, in the "jre" folder in the installation root folder.