Extend generators allow you to add issues to a structure based on Issue Links, Epic Links and Sub-task relationships.
Extend generators are often used in conjunction with an Insert generator. In the example above, we used the Agile Board Inserter to add our epics, followed by the Stories Under Epics Extender to add the stories beneath each epic and, finally, the Linked Issues Extender to add linked issues beneath these stories.
Types of Extenders
The following Insert generators are available:
- Linked Issues Extender — Pulls in issues that are linked to issues already in the structure.
- Stories Under Epics Extender — Pulls in issues belonging to epics already in your structure.
- Sub-tasks Extender — Pulls in sub-tasks belonging to issues already in your structure.
- Child Issues for Portfolio Extender — Pulls in child issues using the Parent Link field from the Portfolio for JIRA add-on (if installed).
- Pages Extenders — Pulls in child pages or linked pages from Confluence (when the Structure.Pages add-on is installed).
Additional extenders may be available, based on other add-ons you have installed.
Generators run every time you open a structure, so the list of issues added by the Extend generator is always up-to-date.
Additionally, if issues change as you work with the structure, they will be added, removed, or moved accordingly, based on the rules of your Extend generator.