The Views menu allows you to change the current view, save changes to a view, share a view, and manage existing views.
In the Views menu, you will see the following:
- The current view's name. Hover the mouse over the name to see the view's description.
- If the view was modified, you'll see a corresponding message and links to save or revert these changes. Additionally, in the Associated Views/Recent Views sections, a blue asterisk will appear next to the name.
- Permissions settings and a link to change them.
Search View. Search looks for any views that match the entered name, not only those in this list.
- Associated Views list. This list can be customized for each structure by the structure owner or anyone who has Control access level for the structure – see Customizing View Settings.
- List of views you have recently used (excluding the views shown in the section above).
- Manage Views link, which opens the View Management dialog.
To switch the current view, open the Views menu. From there, you have three ways to choose the new view:
- Select it from the drop-down list. (This is the easiest method, but it may not include all available views.)
- Search for it in the Search View panel.
- Click Manage Views... to see all available views.
Switching View with Keyboard
You can also switch the current view using only the keyboard:
- Use the vv shortcut to open the Views menu (hit "v" twice).
- Use the arrow keys to select a view, or enter text to search for matching views.
- Hit Enter to switch to a selected view or Escape to close the menu.