2nd of November 2023Structure 9.1 introduces Planner by Tempo integration
Try It: Structure Sandbox Server (no installation required)
1. Version Highlights
- Planned Time data available in columns, formulas, and more
2. Changes in Detail
2.1. Planned Time
The new integration with Planner by Tempo allows you to:
- View and manage planned time data within a structure, alongside your project data
- Use planned time data in formulas, generators, and transformations
Aggregate planned time across users, teams, sprint, or any other Jira field, based on your Structure hierarchy
Documentation: Planner by Tempo
2.2. Additional Improvements
- Fixed: Jira 9.11 compatibility
- Fixed: The decimal value in a percentage format is exported as an integer value in Excel
- Fixed: Formula rounding is not exported to Excel
3. Supported Versions
Structure 9.1 and all its extensions support Jira versions 8.20 or later. This release is for customers using Jira Server or Data Center (Jira Core, Jira Software, or Jira Service Management/Service Desk).
Cloud customers can learn more about our products on the “Cloud” tab of our marketplace listing.
4. Installation and Upgrade
Pick a Time
We strongly recommend that you install and upgrade your apps during off-peak hours or scheduled maintenance windows. There are known issues in the Jira app infrastructure that may cause performance degradation and impede app installation when your Jira instance is under heavy load.
4.1. Installing Structure
If your Jira server does not have Structure yet, the installation is simple:
- Download and install Structure app, either from the Atlassian Marketplace or our Download page.
- When Add-on Manager reports the successful installation, click Get Started to visit a page with important guidance for the Jira administrator. You may want to also check out the user's Get Started page, available under the "Structure" top-level menu.
jira-application.logfor log messages from Structure.
4.2. Upgrading Structure
The upgrade procedure from versions 3.0–9.0 is simple:
- Consider backing up Jira data. Use Administration | System | Backup System. (If you have a large instance and a proper backup strategy in place, you may skip this step.)
- Back up Structure data. Use Administration | Structure | Backup Structure menu item. If you have a lot of structures and a large Jira, consider turning off the "Backup History" option to avoid a long backup process.
Install the new version of the app.
jira-application.logfor warnings or errors.
5. Enterprise Deployment Notes
There are no special tests needed, so we suggest the usual testing procedures you’ve done for previous upgrades.