Structure.Gantt allows you to use Time Tracking, Story Points or both to calculate task duration.
You may have set your scheduling preferences during your initial Gantt setup, but you can also change them at any time using Gantt Chart Configuration.
To adjust how duration is calculated:
- Click the Gantt Chart Settings button on the left side of the chart toolbar
- Under Gantt Chart Configuration, click Edit to update the current configuration (click Manage configurations to select a different configuration or create a new one)
- On the Scheduling screen, enter the appropriate Work Estimates information
For more information about your options for estimating work, see Work Estimates.
If no estimate is set, the default duration from the configuration is used.
Manually Adjusting Duration
To manually adjust a task's duration, hover over the right edge of the task bar. Once the mouse pointer changes to the resize tool, click and drag left or right.
When you manually update a task's duration in the timeline:
- If you are using Jira Time Tracking, the Original Estimate field value will be updated (for issues with no time logged) or the Remaining Estimate field value will be updated (for the issue with time logged)
- If you selected Prefer Story Points over Time Tracking for Work Estimates, the number of story points will be adjusted based on the ratio defined in the configuration
You can also adjust duration by changing the value of the Jira fields themselves.
If you have both Start and End dates defined, estimates will be ignored and resizing the task bar will only affect the Finish Date.
Next Step: Working with Dependencies