Once you've chosen the items to include in a slice (based on Issue Type or a JQL query), you can adjust various aspects of their appearance or behavior by clicking the Add Section menu and selecting the properties you want to customize.
The following properties can be customized for each slice:
You can include as many or as few sections in your slice configuration as you need. If you do not specify a custom property within your slice configuration, the default configuration will be used.
By updating this section, you can apply custom work estimates to any issues matching your slice criteria.
In the example above, time estimates for the project "Project A" will be calculated based on Story Points, regardless of what the default configuration is for other projects.
To learn more about setting work estimates, see Work Estimates.
You can specify a unique method of progress calculation for issues within the slice.
For more information about configuring progress calculation, see Progress.
The Manual Scheduling section allows you to override the default scheduling configuration. This can be useful is you have multiple fields for scheduling information or need to use automatic (or manual) scheduling for a specific set of issues.
To learn more about manual scheduling, see Manual Scheduling.
You can set up custom link types to be used with each type of dependency within your slice. To set a default link type for a dependency type, check the Favorite box.
You can set a unique resource attribute, which is used to assign resources to tasks.
To learn more about resource assignment, see Resources.
Task Settings allows you to specify how resources are allocated for tasks.
To learn more about task settings, see Resources
You can create a custom color scheme for each slice, under the Appearance section.
The color scheme you select will be applied to all issues or milestones that match the slice criteria.
Item Behavior allows you to specify the type of item an issue will be displayed as within your Gantt chart.
You can choose from the following options:
- Default Configuration - If this option is selected (default), issues matching the slice criteria will be displayed based on the default configuration.
- Group - This will display matching issues as groups, containing all their sub-issues.
- Milestone - This will convert matching issues into milestones and place them in the chart at their Due Dates. Note: The Due Date will be calculated automatically, unless one is manually set.
- Task - This will display matching issues as task bars. This can be useful if you have selected Grouping for your general configuration and want to display specific parent issues as task bars instead of groups - for example, you may want to display Epics as task bars, but Stories with sub-issues as groups.
- Do Not Show - This will remove the issues from your Gantt chart.