Scrum Backlog Preset
The Scrum Backlog preset allows you to visualize any project (or multiple projects) organized by sprints.
The Scrum Backlog preset works for both Company-managed and Team-managed projects, and it allows you to combine both types of projects into a single structure.
Build a New Structure Using the Scrum Backlog Preset
To build a new structure using the Scrum Backlog preset, open the Add menu, select Preset, and choose Scrum Backlog.
You can select which boards/projects you want to include, how issues are grouped, and more.
When a generator runs, it runs as the structure owner. This is important because the generator will have access to the same projects, issues, etc. as the user listed here – if they don’t have permission to view an issue, it won’t be added to the structure.
Choose whether you want to pull the epics from boards or projects. Then add the boards or projects you want to include.
Select how you want issues organized within the structure. In the example above, we've selected Sprint > Status - this means our hierarchy will be organized as follows:
- Level 1: Sprints
- Level 2: Statuses
- Level 3: Issues
- Level 4: Subtasks (if "Show subtasks" is selected under Options)
Synchronize issue order with Jira
If selected, issues will be sorted based on their Jira rank, and moving issues in the structure will update their rank.
Hide issues from closed sprints
If this option is selected, issues from closed sprints will be hidden from the structure.
If this option is selected, subtasks will be added to the hierarchy beneath their corresponding issues.
Place the generator on
Select where the generators should be placed within the structure hierarchy. This will determine the location of your Scrum Backlog.
You have three options:
- Current level - The generators will be placed on the currently-selected level.
- Level below - The generators will be placed on the level below the currently-selected item.
- Top level - The generators will be placed at the top of the structure.
Once you click Create, Structure will add a series of generators to:
- Add issues from each selected board/project (JQL/Text Insert or Agile Board Insert)
- Group issues by sprints and any other field selected in the "Group by" setting (Issues Under Epics Extender and Team-managed Project Hierarchy Extender)
- Add sub-tasks beneath the stories and tasks (Sub-task Extender and Team-managed Project Hierarchy Extender)
- Synchronize issue order with Jira (Field Sorter)
Adding the Scrum Backlog Preset to an Existing Structure
The Scrum Backlog preset can also be added to existing structures. In this case, in addition to creating the selected hierarchy for the selected boards/projects, it will also group existing issues by the items selected in the "Group by" setting, provided they are in its scope (see Generator Scope for details).